Last Updated on Thursday, 24 January 2013
So this is a note to myself so that I have a checklist and can quickly update any extensions designed for Joomla 1.5.x and make these compatible with Joomla 2.5.x websites.
In the past, I have only ever changed the words <params> to <fields> but for more stability, there are a few more tweaks to do.
For demo purposes we will be referring to a Joomla module called "mod_moduletoupgrade" in British English (en-GB). I don't think it actually exists in reality but you replace the name "moduletoupgrade" with whatever you're upgrading and follow the below instructions.
I'm also going on the basis tha.
- Download all J1.5 files to one folder:
- [if exists] /modules/mod_moduletoupgrade/helper.php
- [if exists] /modules/mod_moduletoupgrade/tmpl/default.php
- Upgrade XML File:
- Change open/close <install> tags to <extension> (update attributes, eg. <extension type="module" version="1.6.0" client="site" method="upgrade">)
- Change <params> to <config><fields name="params">
- Change </params> to </fields></config>
- Change all <param ... tags to <field ... (eg. <param name="myparam... to <field name="myparam...)
- Change all closing </param> tags to </field>
- If the module has parameters add <fieldset name="basic"> for a basic parameters section (right-sidebar in admin panel) with a closing </fieldset>. You can separate fieldsets as groups for your parameters or put all the module parameters within one fieldset. eg. <config><fields name="params"><fieldset name="basic">
- Upgrade PHP File:
- Check for any legacy code needing to be upgraded from PHP4 to PHP5.
- I tend to leave this alone as we're referring internally the same in Joomla 1.5 sites.
- Upgrade Language File:
- Change MYLABEL=myValue to MYLABEL="myValue"
- Change any comments prefix from hash/pound sign (#) to semi-colon (;)
- Check escaped HTML and numerical entities (eg. revert apostrophes)
- Add License.txt file:
- This could be licence.txt but don't get bogged down with internationalizations.
- If you are submitting this extension to Joomla.Org then this is a mandatory step.
- Add blank index.html file(s):
- Create a blank index.html file and put this in the root folder as well as any subfolders.
- It is recommended to NOT skip this step as it safeguards against servers which allow directory listing.
- Check this is in an MVC structure. (subfolders for template and language)
Visitors of the World
- Fri 26-Jun-15
- Fri 26-Jun-15
- Tue 16-Jun-15
- Thu 18-Jun-15
- Fri 19-Jun-15