This is a quick note on one reason you may get the above error in a Joomla CMS environment.
- Call to a member function mark() on a non-object in /public_html/index.php
Not really a solution here because this is indicating that the system can't find the core framework files. Yes the bad news is you have lost your site. The good news is that it's only the core files and component files. Here are some tips when restoring the site to return it to as it was.
I'm writing a Joomla 2.5.x component for logging time and projects and need a dropdown to have selectable options restricted to the logged-in user. This is specified in the XML file of the custom Joomla component and needs some SQL dependent on some dynamic variables.
In Joomla, the XML type of "sql" is extremely limited. The component I'm making has to ensure user's can only see their own projects and not everyone's:
- SELECT * FROM #__projects ORDER BY name
- -- yields all projects irrespective of which user is logged in
- SELECT * FROM #__projects WHERE user_id=<logged_in_user> ORDER BY name
Please Note: This article focuses on a front-end form dropdown. If you would like to see how to do modals for the admin panel, see my article Joomla article modal with clear button for Joomla article selection.
I'm making a custom component for Joomla CMS 2.5.x which is restricted to registered users only. On installation, and by default, the menu item returns a 500 - Server Error because the parameters haven't been set. I need to go into the Joomla Admin panel, view the Options of the component, and click on "Save"... despite the fact that I don't change anything.
- Joomla! CMS 2.5.x
Joomla Filter: Validation OnSave
- INT Forces the value to be an Integer
- UINT Forces the value to be an absolute number (-4.2 becomes 4.2)
- FLOAT Forces the value to be a floating point value
- BOOL Forces the value to be true or false
- WORD Strips anything that is not letters (including numbers)
- ALNUM Forces the value to be alphanumeric (Letters and numbers only. No special characters)
- CMD Forces the value to be alphanumeric plus the following three special characters _ (underscore) . (dot) - (dash)
- BASE64 Forces the value to be a base64 encoded the string. Note it does not encode the string, it simply strips characters that may not exist in a base 64 encoded string.
- STRING Removes HTML
- HTML Allows basic HTML
- ARRAY Forces value to be an array
- PATH Forces value to be a file path
- USERNAME Forces value to only contain characters allowed in the selection of a Joomla username
- UNSET Completely remove any input
- RAW Allow any content
- URL Forces content to be a URL
- TEL Forces content to be a properly formatted US phone number
A quick article on a frequent question I get asked. This refers to an issue within the Joomla CMS (version 2.5.x) where it fails to email users who reset their password.
A few things to check: