- T-SQL functions to convert Strings to Tables
- Batch Process to rename multiple files using Windows DOS
- SSIS Multiple Lookups in one
- mysqldump: Got error: 2049: Connection using old (pre-4.1.1) authentication protocol refused (client option 'secure_auth' enabled) when trying to connect
- AHK Countdown Tooltip
- Applies to Joomla 2.5.x +
So I can't stand the way the default "Search" component in Joomla works. The default is to sort the results by popularity (hits) which I have never seen in any other system.
I've googled and binged but could not find anything that documents how to bring it into line with other search systems. So here we go, hope this helps you.
I've created search systems for a plethora of other systems. The aim of this article is to enhance the Joomla search into par with Google and Wikipedia (or near enough).
This is a quick article on what I change the error page for Joomla websites to. I like a clean error page, for a demo visit http://www.joellipman.com/elephants.
- Applies to Joomla 1.6.x, 1.7.x, 2.5.x
- Backup the file \templates\system\error.php
- Create a replacement file called error.php including the below code
- Change the message "The Page you are looking for..." to what you want.
- Change the link "www.joellipman.com" to the "www.yoursitename.com".
- [Optional] If you want the image that creates the shadow you can download it here. I put it in the folder \templates\system\images.
This is an article to describe how to add an article modal button in the Joomla Admin Panel (at time of print version 2.5.6) of your component including the all important clear button. What I found was that no one posted this solution which I found is compatible with almost any site and with all my components without having to modify the below script.
The article modal is a much easier way for the end-users to select a Joomla! article in the component parameters/options. The "clear" button is essential as some article_modal fields may not be required and are difficult to clear once set.
This is an article to demo the crudest form which uses Joomla's version 2.5 core mootools (uncompressed?). This is intended for absolute novices (like me) who just want to see an example of an AJAX form within Joomla 1.6.x - 2.5.x in it's most basic state. At time of print, I am using this with Joomla 2.5.6.
The examples of the official site (mootools.net) did not work in my Joomla environment nor did most people's examples across the web. All I wanted was a basic example to show me how to send a form asynchronously (ie. running in the background without loading a new page).
Aim / Objective
- Add a field with a dropdown list.
Add a button to upload an avatar (and sync with 3rd party avatar).
I'm going to shove all these files into a folder which I will then compress and install using the Joomla! CMS Extension Manager.
I'm going to call the folder "profile5" (without the double-quotes) and create a subfolder called "profiles".
So I should end up with the following file/directory structure: