Last Updated on Thursday, 22 November 2012
Well I thought I'd write about it as it is my very first ever Joomla module. Not just the fact that it's my very first but also because of the surprising popularity. It has been featured as a "New & Noteworthy" extension on the front page of the Joomla.org Extensions website for about a week now. There have been several positive reviews but more astonishingly over 1,000 downloads in 10 days! May not be much to some people but for my first Joomla extension, I've been quite impressed.
This module doesn't really need more documentation as it was created for fun for a friend. To be quite honest,
- you could get the generated code that revolvermaps.com give you,
- go into your Joomla admin panel,
- create a custom module,
- make sure you click on "Source" (so that it isn't in WYSIWYG mode) and
- paste the code.
This extension just does all that for you in its install and you just play with the parameters.
I felt that if I make this an article, then anonymous users can leave a comment. If you are a registered Joomla.org user, you can go to "http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/site-management/visitor-maps/13254" and leave official reviews and comments there as well.
We are working on a Joomla 1.6 version but were looking to rewrite the code and use Globizer.net's globe (used by RevolverMaps).
The module has been tested by the official Joomla.org Extensions Team and approved. I have tested it personally on
- Joomla v1.5.10 (Legacy), 1.5.14 (Legacy), 1.5.15 (Native), 1.5.19 (Native). 1.5.20 (Native). 1.5.22 (Native)
- Standard Joomla template, RocketTheme template "Affinity" (with and without)
Suggestions by other users:
- Link to Joomla users so you can see which of your registered users are online and where
Visitors of the World
- Sun 23-Aug-15
- Mon 10-Aug-15
- Tue 25-Aug-15
- Fri 21-Aug-15
- Fri 07-Aug-15